The Horizons School offers adults and college students the opportunity to participate in a life-changing volunteer experience.
- Are you interested in making a difference in the lives of young men and women with learning disabilities?
- Do you want to do an internship to gain valuable insight into adult development and disabilities?
- Do you have a passion for those who don’t always have opportunities to grow and learn after high school?
The Horizons School offers a multidisciplinary model of intervention for young adults with specific learning disabilities conditions as they become independent adults. You may learn more about the program by coming to visit our school campus ….just call for an appointment.
Volunteers receive collaboration and supervision by school faculty members. Volunteers are an important part of our community base and are viewed as professional participants in our program.
Participation opportunities are available in the following areas of our school program:
- Student residential life
- Student career mentor
- University internships and class projects
- Special projects or fundraising events
- School’s Leadership Council
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please contact the school office to discuss volunteer opportunities, complete an application, background check and drug screening.